Material : Handy’s Leather Veg tanned dark tan leather sheet for craft hide -Semi hard stuff 1.5 mm -1.8 MM
Brand : Handy’s Leather
Cut: Pre Cut
- (Thickness: 1.5 -1.8 mm)
Back Side: Refinished in natural, smooth.
- This leather hide for craft is Nice and quality medium thick dark tan leather. Quite stiff and durable hides, pleasant for touch, easy to work with, not elastic. Bit shiny finishing.
- Perfect material for tan leather earrings, tan color clutches, leather bags, leather wristbands and other leather crafts, that requires strong, stiff and quality cow leather.
- Please note that veg tanned leather hide for craft is natural and part of an animal, scars and imperfections are all part of its character and personality,As every animal is different there aren’t too identical pieces of leather in the world.
SHIPPING & HANDLING
- Skins are packed carefully to avoid crumbling.
- We ship within 1-3 days after receiving your order.
- Due to custom nature of leather , No return possible.
“The difference between chrome and vegetable tanning is the way the moisture is extracted from the raw hides”
The majority of the leather produced is chrome-tanned (80-90%), but the finest leather goods are made with vegetable-tanned leather. Vegetable-tanned leather is preferred for leather goods because it’s perceived to be better for the environment, it’s highly durable and it has the ability to develop a beautiful patina.
“There are two simple tests you can try to determine whether the leather is chrome, or vegetable-tanned”
Test 1: Put a small narrow strip of leather in boiling water. If the leather instantly curls up, it is vegetable-tanned. A chrome-tanned leather will just float around in water.
Test 2: Burn a piece of leather with a lighter. If you have a vegetable-tanned leather, it will not burn in flames and the ashes will be grey or black. A chrome-tanned leather will burn more easily and its ashes are green.
source : https://www.carryology.com/
Buy more leather sheet for craft at our Amazon store
Family Business Since 1965:
Five years ago we started Cratly.com as an online wholesale supply store for leather crafters and small manufactures in search of better quality leather working products that were typically unavailable at small quantities. We have since grown Cratly to include some of the best supply manufacturers in the world including leathers, zippers, tools, threads, and more. Our philosophy is, ‘if we don’t make the product, then we want to source it directly from manufacturers that meet the same level of quality standards as our own hardware.’
Some of the products we produce and stock include: brass buckles, swivel snaps, loops and sliders, rivets, snap fasteners, d-rings, leather tools, handbag hardware, leather hardware, magnetic snaps, leather gauges, key rings, leather straps, locks and purse closures, plastic hardware, and much more. Some of the other brands we stock are from handysleather.com
Talk to us for any help, firstname.lastname@example.org or 991 007 9898 or click here